Second French Tech Ticket : grow your startup in France !
Applications are now open for the second edition of the French Tech Ticket, a program designed to encourage international entrepreneurs to launch their startups in France !
Apply by August 24, 2016 on www.frenchtechticket.com
The first edition of the program was launched last year under the name Paris French Tech Ticket. Of the 722 project applications received in 2015, 23 startups were chosen to come launch their projects in Paris in one of the French Tech Ticket partner incubators.
A few words from Andrey TEMLYAKOV, Polywed CEO and Paris French Tech Ticket Russian laureat :
“The organizers did a fantastic job and provided us with plenty of opportunities: public grants, workplaces in the best incubators and accelerators, master-classes with amazing speakers, networking events, help desk to support us. Everything you need to start your business in France. And even more! It would have been much more difficult and time consuming without this priceless support”.
This new-and-improved second edition of the French Tech Ticket will host almost triple the number of startups (70) in partner incubators, half of them in Paris and the other half in other major French cities (Lyon, Bordeaux, Aix, Toulouse, etc.).
· Funding: € 45,000 per team with no loss of equity (€ 20k to cover personal costs and € 25k to cover professional services)
· Resident Permit: Fast-track procedure to obtain a French resident permit
· 12 months incubation: Dedicated office space in one of France’s 41 partner incubators.
· Acceleration program: Tailored program of Masterclasses, Networking Events, Mentoring sessions…
· Soft Landing Pack: “Welcome Guide” and special offers from our partners to help winners relocate easily to France
· Help Desk: A dedicated contact to help foreign entrepreneurs through administrative procedures
· August 24, 2016: application deadline via www.frenchtechticket.com
· September–November 2016: selection phases – eligibility, ranking of applications, then interviews with preselected candidates via videoconference
· Early January 2017: arrival of the French Tech Ticket class of 2017 in France
The 70 French Tech Ticket awarded projects will be revealed in December for the new class to arrive in France in January 2017.
The Investors Discovery Tour in Paris
From the 28th of June to the 2nd of July, Business France Russia accompanied a delegation of Russian investors (Maxfield Capital, Runa Capital and Venture Club together with Kaspersky Lab) to Paris for a discovery tour of the French innovation ecosystem.
The discovery tour started with a presentation of the French venture capital market, followed by the testimonial of one of the 3 French Tech Ticket Russian finalist (see further details below), B2B meetings with French startups and visits of investment funds and accelerators (AFIC, EBA, Partech Shaker, Numa et Usine i/o).
During the program, the Russian delegation also had a chance to attend Viva Technology (on which Business France operated a French Tech Pavillon) which gathered corporates, startups and VCs.
About the French Tech Tour Russia #2
From the 30th of May to the 3rd of June 8 French startups and 1 SME landed to Moscow to attend a one-week business acceleration program, “French Tech Tour Russia”. This program is designed and operated by Business France, the French government-led international business development agency, for a fast and efficient expansion to Moscow included :
◦ customized coaching with a French Tech Moscow’ Ambassador and mentoring sessions in Paris and Moscow on how to raise funds and do business in Russia, together with experienced entrepreneurs and experts to help them to kick start their business in Russia ;
◦ over 100 B2B meetings with Russian investment funds and potential partners and customers to generate leads ;◦ pitch sessions at the French Embassy in Russia and in Skolkovo Start Up Village in front of the tech community, investors and media to increase visibility and network.
The final 9 companies (see profile below) were selected by the French Tech Tour supporting partners and French Tech Moscow’ members including Direct Group, Mail.ru, MTS, Ozon, Runa Capital and Yandex… Some of them have already concluded a contract or have identified a potential partner, one is participating in a tender and another one is opening an office in Moscow. To be continued !
o Bell & Wyson - smart LED bulb (IoT)
o Ecritel - Managed hosting & cloud computing for e-merchants
o FraudBuster - Anti-fraud solution for telcos
o Jarvis - SaaS SW for lawyers
o Limonetik - One stop shopping payment solution (PaaS)
o Rok Solution - Cloud Digital Intelligent Collaborative solution
o Soyooz - B2B recommendation solution based on usage
o StickyADS.tv - Video ad platform designed for publishers
o Weblib - digital retail solutions through tablets, apps and Wi-Fi
"French Tech launches Russia tour to showcase France’s best startups."
- East-West Digital News
21.04.2015 "Париж собирается активнее поставлять в нашу страну высокие технологии."
- Rossiyskaya Gazeta
29.09.2015 "В «Сколково» французы дали старт созданию своей инновационной экосистемы."
- Skolkovo News